Tuesday, November 11, 2008

SSRS Tip : Matrix Report - Format/Style SubTotal fields

I had a matrix with column and row subtotals. I wanted to differentiate the SubTotal Row/data with a different Color. If I select the "Total" cell or the the subtotal row/column it will only format the Total labels, not the subtotaled data. The Cells of the Subtotaled data will also not be visible.

I struggled a bit and then found the solution:
In the "Total" textbox, there is a Green triangle. Right-click that triangle and see the Property of "Subtotal". This is where the Style(s) of SubTotal should be set.

5 comments:

  1. OMG, why is everyone saying you need to use the inscope function? This is much easier. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! you're the man! I've been fighting with this for days now, even tried tricky conditional formatting. Thanks a mil!

    ReplyDelete